Problems loading new kernel

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Wed Oct 20 10:20:59 UTC 2010

Basil Chupin wrote:
> So, you now have 3 days before support for 9.04 ends. And you need to
> upgrade to a more recent version of Ubuntu - but you don't say which
> one you are going to upgrade to.

In this case there is no choice as there is only one version available
for the upgrade, i.e. 9.10. Everything else would be a reinstall because
from non-LTS versions you should always upgrade to the next release.

Granted, you could possibly skip some versions if you change your
sources.list and do a "sudo apt-get dist-upgrade" but I would leave that
to those experts who don't have to ask the original question of this
thread.

Nils