Question about paravirtualisation support and about linux-virtual

Ioannis Vranos cppdeveloper at ontelecoms.gr
Mon Oct 18 19:09:22 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-10-18 at 16:34 +0100, Liam Proven wrote:

> I also do not know if VMware supports paravirtualisation. I cannot see
> why it could, as its own method is superior and more capable, but I
> don't know. I don't wish to contradict the other poster who seemed to
> me to indicate that it could.
>
> If the kernel images for paravirtualisation work in your VM and the
> performance is good, then use them, by all means.

Thank you for your insight. Regarding VMware, all VMware Workstation
documentation is available here:

http://www.vmware.com/support/pubs/ws_pubs.html

Paravirtualisation is mentioned in VMware Workstation's manual.

Currently it is: http://www.vmware.com/pdf/ws71_manual.pdf

--
Ioannis Vranos

http://www.cpp-software.net