ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 74, Issue 165

Dennis Reeder dreeder2 at columbus.rr.com
Sun Oct 17 03:12:11 UTC 2010

Well it did exactly what I expected.  I selected all of the mp3 files on my thumb drive, drag and dropped them into the music folder.  Rhythm Box Player found them and played them.  Very iTune-like in its behavior.  I think I was a bit impatient with the whole "drag and drop" procedure.  This netbook is much slower than my MacBook.

I will continue to play around with Docky.  Am I correct in assuming that Ubuntu 10.10 for netbook applications is quite new?  Is it significantly different from earlier versions?  Having never used or even seen Ubuntu until a couple of days ago I have no prior versions with which to compare it.

Thanks for your feedback.  i will definitely keep lurking, reading and fussing around with Ubuntu.  Probably can't break it and if I do I will have learned something cool.

Denny