Pan newreader

AV3 arvimide at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 14 01:16:14 UTC 2010

On Oct/13/2010 7:2200 PM, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 17:22:35 -0400
> AV3 wrote:
>
>> Actually, Earthlink gave up its
>> own news service and gives us legacy clients a text-only limited
>> subscription to another news provider, individual.net, IIRC. They
>> changed my access address some time ago to nntp.earthlink.net, so you
>> might try that. I don't know about different subscription provisions
>> outside the U. S.
>
> I'm a legacy earthlink client (mindspring originally, as the eddress
> shows) and still use news.west.earthlink.net, binaries included, or so
> I understand.  (I don't steal music or video)
>
> I haven't been asked to switch or somehow switched that I know of
> unless the earthlink servers shunt everything to individual.net without
> my knowledge (which, of course, is entirely too possible).

It's my understanding that Earthlink now shunts our accounts to their
functioning successor service. At the end of the month I sometimes get a
notice that I am about to exceed my limit of accessed messages, and I am
offered a subscription purchase at an unattractive price. Since I only
use my Earthlink news link for binary groups, I use text-only no-charge
services (like news.gmane.org for this group) for my daily news fix.
They keep me going all month long.

What is this stuff about stealing? Of course I confine my high-minded
binary interests to opera music files, language-learning sound files,
and great works of world literature. Just like you. It is so nice to
make the acquaintance of another gentleman of the Old School.

--
||Arnold VICTOR, New York City, i. e., <arvimideQ at Wearthlink.net>    ||