converting jpg to pdf without imagemagick

sktsee sktsee at tulsaconnect.com
Mon Oct 11 14:34:28 UTC 2010

On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 20:37:42 -0700, Patton Echols wrote:

[snip]

> Correct. That is exactly what OP said.  But I thought he did not mean it
> literally.  My interpretation is because OP attempted an IM conversion
> and gave failure information.   I thought OP was saying:  'Look, I've
> already tried IM, please don't suggest that.'

Unfortunately, I did interpret the OP to mean to not suggest an IM
solution which is why I didn't post the following yesterday:

$ convert -resize 800x600 *.jpg -density 72 -units pixels-per-inch -page
800x600 big.ps

$ convert big.ps big.pdf

There's obviously a bug if IM is segfaulting, but the above solution
works ok. If OP plays around with the myriad of options, I'm sure he
could get the output exactly as he wants it.

--
sktsee