converting jpg to pdf without imagemagick

Patton Echols p.echols at comcast.net
Mon Oct 11 03:37:42 UTC 2010

On 10/10/2010 07:48 PM, NoOp wrote:
> On 10/10/2010 06:47 PM, Patton Echols wrote:

>>> http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/gscan2pdf
>>> depends:
>>> imagemagick
>>>

>> True, but I don't interpret that to be OP's objection.  Gscan2pdf does
>> solve the problem, at least paritally / mostly.
>>

> I brought that up as the subject of this thread is:
> "converting jpg to pdf *without imagemagick*"
> [emphasis mine]

Correct. That is exactly what OP said.  But I thought he did not mean it
literally.  My interpretation is because OP attempted an IM conversion
and gave failure information.   I thought OP was saying:  'Look, I've
already tried IM, please don't suggest that.'

At any rate I thought that there were two things important.  (1) That
gscan2pdf does work, even though it uses IM.  And (2) that there is a
workaround, even if not preferred.

-- PE

P.S. Sorry about the first version of this email -- Errant click!