Switching from kmail to claws, balsa, or something else?
a24061 at ducksburg.com
Mon Oct 11 13:37:11 UTC 2010
KMail is the only KDE application I still use, and I'm fed up with
some of its annoyances. I'm looking for a new GUI e-mail client to
use at home, and am considering claws or balsa.
* the client must support secure IMAP and local mail folders (with the
ability to move messages between them);
* locally stored mail *must* be in maildir format (mbox is not
acceptable, so I've eliminated Thunderbird).
Nice things to have:
* ability to get mail from the local spool and a different POP3 server
as well as the secure IMAP;
* support for multiple identities (ability to toggle the From &
Reply-To headers when composing mail;
* good display of in-line attachments;
* option to display messages as plain text or HTML (and preferably to
toggle between them);
* ability to delete attachments and keep the rest of a message.
More information about the ubuntu-users