[10.10]-Does Not Shut Down Gracefully?

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 9 21:41:42 UTC 2010

On 10/09/2010 01:40 PM, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 9 October 2010 20:52, Jesse Palser <SLNTHERO at aol.com> wrote:
>> Was hoping for a better answer...
>>

> Sadly not. However if you use the system as it ships on the CD, this
> problem doesn't occur. It _only_ happens when you introduce the
> binary-only driver from nVidia. I'd recommend you contact them and
> request that they resolve this issue. How much luck you'll get with
> that is anyones guess.

Actually, I get text msgs on the screen with a non-nvidia graphics card
(on my laptop). They are quite brief (too fast to read properly), but do
appear before the plymouth shutdown splash. Happens on lucid as well.
Display is:
Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller

So I'm not sure that this is just an nVidia issue (for me it's not an
issue either way).