DVD downloads?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 17:36:17 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-10-08 at 11:29 +0100, Dave Howorth wrote:
> I want to install Ubuntu on my machine at home. It has a much, much
> slower connection than my machine at work so I'd prefer to download as
> much as possible at work and burn a DVD with it, rather than download
> and burn the normal CD and then have to download everything else at
> home. Is there some way to do that?

Sure, pony up $7-8 (incding shipping) at ondisk.com, pre-order the 10.10
DVD, which has a LOT more than just a few language packs, and you'll
have it by the end of next week. To dnload a DVD's worth of content,
without one bleep or bloop on the line, is something to be hoped for,
but nothing I would expect. The last one I ordered had KDE included,
pretty much complete. So, it is loaded. I highly recommend it. Ric

Linux user# 44256