DVD downloads?

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Fri Oct 8 13:57:51 UTC 2010

On 08/10/2010 21:47, Dave Howorth wrote:
> Alan Pope wrote:
>
>> On 8 October 2010 11:29, Dave Howorth<dhoworth at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk>  wrote:
>>
>>> I've seen that the normal DVD downloads just contain extra language
>>> packs. That isn't what I want; it's more of the general applications if
>>> possible. Or is there a way to tell synaptic or some other tool to make
>>> a DVD with my choice of packages?
>>>
>> As an alternative option you could grab the CD ISO and then mirror the
>> entire repo onto a usb hard disk at work. 17GB or thereabouts will get
>> you the binary only (ie no source packages) deb files for one
>> architecture.
>>
> That's a great idea except I don't have any USB disks :(
>
> I guess I could buy one but does anybody have any other ideas?
>
> Thanks, Dave

Provided that you live in North America, you could do what Ric Moore
does - he orders the compleat DVD, with all the whiz bang things from

ondisk.com

for ~$7.50. Don't know if that included postage.

BC

--

Went to a discount massage parlour the other day. Wasn't 'til I paid me money that I found out that it was self-service.