A+ material

Christopher Chan christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Thu Oct 7 23:42:50 UTC 2010

> So for the record, let me state that this is all my opinion, based on
> the fact that A: I have an A+ cert that I got for the fun of it
> (needed the elective credits in college) B: I've taught the A+
> courses, C: I also interview and help make hiring decisions, D: can
> safely say that the ONLY certification I have that EVER counted
> towards getting me a job was the RHCE.

Hahaha, one of my then new bosses made fun of my RHCE back in 2002 (got
mine in 2001) said that he would certify me whereas the another boss
said that the RHCE had zero bearing on his decision to hire me and give
me a better position than the one I was applying for.

Don't ever wave certificates in the face of technical managers (glad I
did not that time even when it was the future teammate who was first
interviewing me) and definitely not that excuse for a certificate called
the LPI.