Missing Fonts (for OpenOffice primarily)

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 5 22:29:33 UTC 2010

On 10/05/2010 02:21 PM, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 2:11 PM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats/Microsoft_Fonts
>>

> This one names a package that I don't see in Lucid.  Maybe the page needs
> updating.

It's a link to auto install:
apt:ttf-mscorefonts-installer?section=multiverse

And yes, I see/think that the page should be changed to reflect the
change followng hardy:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/msttcorefonts
if you click on anything after hardy (intrepid, jaunty etc) it changes
to ttf-mscorefonts-installer. Sorry about that, it's been awhile since I
visited the page.

For future ref:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=ttf-liberation
http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?searchon=names&keywords=msttcorefont
$ apt-cache search msttcorefont
ttf-mscorefonts-installer - Installer for Microsoft TrueType core fonts

Thanks for pointing that out.