Missing Fonts (for OpenOffice primarily)

Kevin O'Gorman kogorman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 21:21:34 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 2:11 PM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 10/05/2010 01:48 PM, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
> > I keep importing documents that I composed on other systems, to find that
> > fonts
> > like Courier New and Times New Roman are not there, and get mangled in
> the
> > substitution of something that is present. I can live with Courier 10
> Pitch,
> > but it's
> > not what OO uses on Ubuntu when faced with Courier New, so I have a lot
> of
> > editing to do.
> >
> > I'm assuming there's a font package I'm missing, at least I hope that's
> all
> > it is.
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats/Microsoft_Fonts

This one names a package that I don't see in Lucid.  Maybe the page needs
updating.

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Fonts

This confirms a name change, to the name that's included in the
ubuntu-restricted-extras
that I'm downloading.

Thanks, NoOp, you always seem to come through.

++ kevin

Modify settings or unsubscribe at:

Kevin O'Gorman, PhD