No easy mounting of nfs shares (Maverick)

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 13:04:09 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 6:24 AM, Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon at decoulon.ch> wrote:
> On Monday 04 October 2010, Tom H wrote:
>>
>> Try adding your nfs mount to your fstab with "noauto" (and "user") and
>> add "disk mounter" to your panel.
>
> thanks. I tried that, but the share does not appear in disk mounter. My fstab
> line reads:

> Is there any other magic to do?

You're welcome.

I've tried the same entry in "/etc/fstab" (without "exec" but that
shouldn't make a difference) on lucid, maverick, sid, constantine, and
laughlin. The nfs share showed up in the "Places" menu (under the name
of the mount point) without even using "Disk Mounter".

can you mount the share at the cli?

Please post "cat /etc/exports" run on the nfs server.