OT -- Evolution and Window

Ray Leventhal ubuntu at swhi.net
Fri Oct 1 16:48:33 UTC 2010

On 9/17/2010 1:24 PM, Ric Moore wrote:
> Sorry for the slightly OT topic, but I'm infiltrating our organization
> towards the goal of dumping Windows completely, by introducing software
> like Evolution to their desktops to use with Google Group Calendar, for
> our non-profit. I know, I'm being sneaky. It's my nature, I suppose.
>
> So, the question is has anyone installed Evolution for Windows and had
> it work?? Had it work with Google Calendar??
>
> Thanks... especially to those in-office fifth columnists and fellow
> travelers who seek to deploy Linux from within the midst of the enemy
> camp. :) Ric

Hi Ric,

While I haven't used Evolution for Windows, I'm a member of the
aforementioned group :)  For me, in my medium-sized corporate
environment, it was rather an easy sell.  The developers already like
using QT for designing their applications, so that was easy. As for
management, I simply ran the numbers for *legally* licensing everything
they use from Redmond, vs GNU/Linux, Open Office, etc.  Seeing as how I
do all their support anyway, it is/was a no-brainer.

Keep up the good fight :)  I'll be interested in seeing what, if any,
solutions to your issue pop up as one can never have too many tools in
the toolbox known as 'benign subterfuge' :)

-Ray