No subject

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 03:07:59 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-10-01 at 02:54 +0000, Thufir Hawat wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 05:23:20 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
>
> >> There seems to be a lot of spoofing going on over on gmail. I've been
> >> hit, just had a friend hit. Anyone else? Ric
> >>

> >      It is easy to get a throwaway address at gmail. The person has just
> > one goal and that is to join this list and send one message. That is
> > what GARY HYPES which is a throw away name, did. He can use this for
> > many lists and then get another.
>

> Is there some sort of financial reward, or something?  Seems alota effort
> compared to just, I dunno, not doing that.

I dunno, but Karl just plain didn't read what I wrote. I said >I< have
been hit, as well as a friend of mine. I think it's malicious. Plus, it
was later responded that Gary Hypes isn't a throw-away, but a real
person, so just how in the hell would you know, Karl? You don't. Plain
and simple. You did one of your guesses again. Don't do that, unless you
state that you ~guess~ it is a throw-away name. That would be truthful.
So no, someone is spoofing on gmail and it is happening more and more. I
think, therefore, I shall go and complain to them. I merely asked if
anyone else was seeing this. :) Ric

Linux user# 44256