Best supported motherboard

Basil Kurian basilkurian at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 05:26:39 UTC 2010

Hi Franz

Thanks for those links. I didn't know that noises can create this much
problems. But ECC RAMs are very costly :-( . When it comes to desktops,
which will be having only less that 10 hours uptime, absence of ECC won't
matter much , isn't it. Are you running those ECC RAM modules on server ? or
on personal desktop ?

2010/11/27 Franz Waldmüller <waldbauernbub at gmx.at>

> Hi Basil,
>
> Am 2010-11-27 04:26, schrieb Basil Kurian:
> > Hi Franz
> >
> > Regarding that overclocking problem , may be Asus had fixed it long ago.
> > Actually I don't need this Sleep facility in my system, since it is not
> > a laptop. I was thinking of using Corsair's RAM with the board. Does ECC
> > RAM improve system performance well ??
> >
> ECC-Ram does not improve performance but reliability. There might be a
> very small decrease in performace. But I care more about integrity.
> Check out these links:
> http://blog.ksplice.com/2010/06/attack-of-the-cosmic-rays/
> http://news.cnet.com/8301-30685_3-10370026-264.html
> http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~bianca/papers/sigmetrics09.pdf<http://www.cs.toronto.edu/%7Ebianca/papers/sigmetrics09.pdf>
>
> Franz
> [snip]

Regards

Basil Kurian
http://basilkurian.tk
RSA Public key : gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 41005549