Best supported motherboard

Franz Waldmüller waldbauernbub at gmx.at
Mon Nov 29 09:31:27 UTC 2010

Hi Basil,

Am 2010-11-28 06:26, schrieb Basil Kurian:
> Hi Franz
>
> Thanks for those links. I didn't know that noises can create this much
> problems. But ECC RAMs are very costly :-( . When it comes to desktops,
> which will be having only less that 10 hours uptime, absence of ECC
> won't matter much , isn't it. Are you running those ECC RAM modules on
> server ? or on personal desktop ?

I am running these ECC Ram modules in a personal desktop. But I care a
lot about data integrity.
By the way Microsoft encouraged the use of ECC RAM when the launched Vista:
quote: "...He told TG Daily that Microsoft confirmed that it has found
out that a lot of "breakage" in Windows is caused by memory and that
"the problem with memory has to be resolved before Vista ships."

At first I thought that ECC Ram were costly, too. But then I discovered
this memory modules:
Kingston ValueRAM DIMM Kit 4GB PC3-1333 ECC CL9
At my local dealer the are available at 59€.

You will have to take very cheap non ECC-modules to beat that price.

Franz

[snip]