Smartphone reccommendataions for syncing with Ubuntu (or any *nix*)

Angus MacGyver macgyver at calibre-solutions.co.uk
Fri Nov 26 21:03:10 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-11-24 at 20:50 +0000, Chris G wrote:

> > I should also mention I run my own mailserver, so IMAP mail to my client
> > machines.
> >
> > I used to do this with a couple of SonyEricsson's quite a long time back
> > - and they were relatively dumb phones.
> >
> The "way to do things" now, even if you have an MS Windows computer is
> to synchronise with the cloud.
>
> I too, though, would much prefer to synchronise direct from 'phone to
> desktop computer.  The best option I've found (now that palm/pilot is
> just about dead) is syncevolution with a Nokia 'phone.
>
> --
> Chris Green

Crackberry might appear to be an option...

cough --- Blackberry..

http://www.linux.com/news/embedded-mobile/mids/8210-syncing-your-blackberry-on-linux

Yah - post is 3yrs old... but the Barry libraries are version 0.15 (in
10.04 LTS)

Suppose the other question with that is ... can I just get the mail
client to talk to my server, and not have the push crap via RIM???

questions questions.

--
AM