DVD ripping application

Mark Widdicombe mwiddicombe at shoprite.co.za
Fri Nov 26 06:28:52 UTC 2010

Good day all,

I am having a frustrating time trying to back up my DVD collection.  Some of my DVDs
are not in pristine condition having been left out of their covers, chewed by the dog and so
on.  They still play, but I can't find ripping software of sufficient robustness to rip them.  I've
tried Acidrip which is easy to use but does the dying swan at the slightest scratch on
the DVD; DVD::RIP which is more robust, but for some reason the sound is not in synch
on the ripped AVI; and K3B which seems to do nothing at all when the 'Rip Video DVD' menu
item is selected.

I would be happy to hear any of your suggestions.

Ubuntu 10.04

Regards,
Mark

Disclaimer