Evolution not able to connect to MS exchange

Mark Widdicombe mwiddicombe at shoprite.co.za
Tue Nov 16 08:55:01 UTC 2010

Good day all,

I am able to connect to our MS exchange server via firefox by entering
the URL in the address bar (https://mail.mycompany.com/owa).

I have been unable, however, to connect via Evolution.  When I try to set up
a new mailbox in Evolution (Edit-->Preferences-->Mail account-->Add), then enter
my email address &c on the next page, <Forward> select Microsoft Exchange for
the server type on the Receiving Mail page, enter my username and the OWA
URL (same as above), password and click Authenticate I get the following error:-

Could not locate server .
Make sure the server name is spelled correctly and try again.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Additional info:-
Ubuntu 10.04
Evolution 2.28.3