No Sound :(

Douglas Pollard dougpol1 at verizon.net
Sat Nov 13 00:48:34 UTC 2010

On 11/12/2010 06:55 PM, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-11-12 at 14:02 -0500, Nathan Bahn wrote:
>> I set up 10.10 as a dual boot; but I cannot get any sound.  Where can
>> I find troubleshooting instructions?
> run pavucontrol to set up your sound and sound mixer. Ric
I don't see how pavucontrol can be of any help. All it shows me is that
I have no hardware or software devices but do have a dummy output in the
volume control that is being monitored. The speakers appear to be muted,
looks like a dead end to me. I was using 32 bit but removed 10.10 and
reinstalled Ubuntu Studio as 64 bit 10.10.  Hoping that might make a
difference. I needed to change it over as I could not find a 32bit
driver for my new canon printer. Had my fingers crossed that by some
magic I might have sound after working at it all day. I think tomorrow I
will reinstall 10.04 as it had been working for me with sound  After the
first of the year if the sound problem appears to be fixed I will come
back to 10.10.  I hate to go backwards, but I'll come back to fight
another day:-)                                     Doug