File Sharing

Mark mhullrich at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 01:24:52 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 5:15 PM, Wade Smart <wadesmart at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, thats kinda what Im getting at.
> If Im on ubuntu 1 I only see ubuntu 1's public folder.
> I dont see ubuntu 2 and the same the other way.
>
> Im not really sure how to get this file sharing to work on Ubuntu.

I hear you, but not sure how to help with that.  I had the worst time
just trying to mount my son's shared Windows drive across the router
LAN (failed, though I was able to login via RDT and really tick him
off for a few minutes....

You may need to fire up samba on both boxes, although I would expect
(and probably be disappointed) the share/network manager to handle
that part automagically.

Mark