Active Directory Domain on Ubuntu

Tomas Alberto Ramirez Andujar tramirez at educamaguey.rimed.cu
Wed Nov 10 13:07:37 UTC 2010

Hola Mariano:

You need to do the following in order to join your workstation to the
domain:
modify this line in /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf

supersede domain-name "YOUR:DOMAIN";
prepend domain-name-servers YOURSERVERSIP 1,YOURSERVERSIP 2;

also make sure the net admins have opened at least this port 139 TCP

and use the graphical tool or in the console type the following.

domainjoin-cli join DOMAIN USER

it will prompt for a password, if it does not work, have one of the IT
guys to join the PC with their powerusers.

This worked for me...

Good luck
Tommie
Tomas Alberto Ramirez Andujar, msc.