Preserve Pulseaudio "Default Sink" setting on reboot?

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Mon Nov 8 00:16:17 UTC 2010

On 07/11/2010 23:15, Dave wrote:
> At 01:49 AM 11/7/2010, you wrote:

>>> I do not have a 10.04 system readily avalable but I tried it in a
>>> 10.04 Netbook Edition system and it will not remember the default
>>> sink setting after a reboot. Very frustrating for an
>>>
>> unsophisticated user. Dave
>>

>> Do you really need pulseaudio is the real question and the bottom line.
>> If not, get rid of it and use the good old alsa which works.
>>
>> (I didn't start on Ubuntu until Lucid (10.04) so don't really know what
>> I am talking about [and so what's new?] here, but wasn't pulseaudio very
>> primitive and very much of "the steam engine era" in Ubuntu 9.04?)
>>
>> [And a big, "HELLO!" goes to Ric :-) .]
>>
>> BC
>>
> I am using both 10.04 and 9.04. Pulseaudio has problems with some
> apps but is working well in my situation. I have the sound system
> connected to a server. On the laptops I use pulse audio device
> chooser to connect to the server.

[pruned]

By now you would have read what Ric wrote - confirming that in 9.04
pulseaudio was, as he put it, "crap" - and your original post
specifically mentioned that you were using 9.04.

So I guess you now have your answer: 9.04, alsa good, pulseaudio bad :-) .

BC

--
Great Man reaches complete understanding of the main issues; Petty Man reaches complete understanding of the minute details."

                                              Confucius