Preserve Pulseaudio "Default Sink" setting on reboot?

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sun Nov 7 05:49:09 UTC 2010

On 07/11/2010 15:30, Dave Markus wrote:
> At 12:09 AM 11/7/2010, you wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 2010-11-06 at 23:55 -0400, Dave wrote:
>>
>>> I use the Pulseaudio Device Chooser to set the default sink (on a
>>> laptop) to a remote server. This works fine. When i reboot my laptop,
>>> the default sink reverts back to "default" (the laptop sound card).
>>> Is there a way to get the laptop to continue to use the remote server
>>> after a reboot? Is there a command that I can run in a script on
>>> startup to change the default sink back to the remote server?
>>>
>>> I am running Ubuntu 9.04 on this machine.
>>>
>> Using 10.4 it seems to remember the last setting used in an application,
>> even after a reboot. No clue how it handles remote logins. Ric
>>
> I do not have a 10.04 system readily avalable but I tried it in a
> 10.04 Netbook Edition system and it will not remember the default
> sink setting after a reboot. Very frustrating for an unsophisticated user. Dave

Do you really need pulseaudio is the real question and the bottom line.
If not, get rid of it and use the good old alsa which works.

(I didn't start on Ubuntu until Lucid (10.04) so don't really know what
I am talking about [and so what's new?] here, but wasn't pulseaudio very
primitive and very much of "the steam engine era" in Ubuntu 9.04?)

[And a big, "HELLO!" goes to Ric :-) .]

BC

--
Great Man reaches complete understanding of the main issues; Petty Man reaches complete understanding of the minute details."

                                              Confucius