Verizon cellular access & Ubuntu

Andy Graybeal andy.graybeal at casanueva.com
Sat Nov 6 16:08:44 UTC 2010

Hi,
I live in a reasonably unpopulated area, but we get pretty good Verizon
coverage.  I'm looking to get Verizon internet service at home.  We use
Ubuntu and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience and/or
recommendations?

Would I expect to have a USB dongle peice of hardware?

I have a toshiba notebook at home that a friend gave to me because the
screen died on it, it works great hooked up to a external monitor or
headless. I plan on using this as our cellular gateway.

I look forward to moving away from dial-up modems.  My friend came over
with his Droid w/ Verizon and we got a whopping 40K!   Beats 3-4K any day!

thanks,
Andy