simple motif program fail to compile, plz help

eric lin fsshl at luxmail.com
Thu Nov 4 07:50:16 UTC 2010

dear Kassube at gmx dot net:

  by your help, my gcc can recognize some of motif lib file, like Xm.h
 But I still still some help.  Since my motif program still not compile under gcc 4.4.3
this motif filed is I copy from web, (I just do google search)

#include <Xm/Xm.h>
#include <Xm/PushB.h>

/* Prototype Callback function */

void pushed_fn(Widget , XtPointer ,
               XmPushButtonCallbackStruct *);

main(int argc, char **argv)

{   Widget top_wid, button;
    XtAppContext  app;

    top_wid = XtVaAppInitialize(&app, "Push", NULL, 0,
        &argc, argv, NULL, NULL);

    button = XmCreatePushButton(top_wid, "Push_me", NULL, 0);

    /* tell Xt to manage button */
				XtManageChild(button);

				/* attach fn to widget */
    XtAddCallback(button, XmNactivateCallback, pushed_fn, NULL);

    XtRealizeWidget(top_wid); /* display widget hierarchy */
    XtAppMainLoop(app); /* enter processing loop */

}

void pushed_fn(Widget w, XtPointer client_data,
               XmPushButtonCallbackStruct *cbs)
  {
     printf("Don't Push Me!!\n");
  }
-------------------And my compile result is--------------------------------------
root at eric-laptop:/home/eric# gcc tmotif1.c
In file included from tmotif1.c:2:
/usr/include/Xm/Xm.h:59:34: error: X11/extensions/Print.h: No such file or directory
In file included from tmotif1.c:2:
/usr/include/Xm/Xm.h:827: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘XPContext’
tmotif1.c: In function ‘main’:
tmotif1.c:25: warning: passing argument 3 of ‘XtAddCallback’ from incompatible pointer type
/usr/include/X11/Intrinsic.h:1244: note: expected ‘XtCallbackProc’ but argument is of type ‘void (*)(struct _WidgetRec *, void *, struct XmPushButtonCallbackStruct *)’
tmotif1.c: In function ‘pushed_fn’:
tmotif1.c:35: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘printf’
root at eric-laptop:/home/eric#