how do rate limited IPTABLEs treat a screen session on ssh after disconnection

Tapas Mishra mightydreams at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 04:41:47 UTC 2010

Take this scenario If I have rate limited the connections to 4.(i.e if
you attempt 4th connection you wont be able to login for some time.)
If in a minute I get disconnected 3 times
while I was already logged in on the server with a screen session,
will I be able to login or I need to keep quite for a minute?

-A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 22 -m state --state NEW -m
recent --update --seconds 60 --hitcount 4 --name DEFAULT --rsource -j
DROP
-A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 22 -m state --state NEW -m
recent --set --name DEFAULT --rsource