Automatic email with attachment?

Patton Echols p.echols at comcast.net
Fri May 28 19:39:11 UTC 2010

I have a need to email files to various folks on a regular basis.  I
would like to automate the process.  My idea is that a file would get
dropped into a particular folder.  Normally the folder would be empty.
But when a file is dropped there, it is automatically attached to an
email and sent to an email address.

Does anyone know of a prebuilt utility that will do this?  If I need to
script it, does anyone have a script that they use for this purpose?

I have a vague memory of something like this on the list, but I have
been unable to construct a search that gets me anything.

(The worse bit is I think I participated in the thread, and I STILL
can't find it.  Obviously I'm an idiot!)

Thanks for aiding the hopeless

--PE