Huawei E169 USB and GPRS

Lucio Crusca lucio at sulweb.org
Thu May 27 16:30:19 UTC 2010

Chan Chung Hang Christopher wrote:

> Who uses Chinese crap?
> I threw my Huawei made 3G mobile into the lake in
> Windows of the World while I was on a paddle boat there. Good riddance.

I'm new here. Are you a troll out of habit or is your behaviour reserved to
newcomers?

> Who needs 7.2mbit wireless broadband anyway when you can get 100mbit
> wired broadband at one quarter the rate for wireless?

Maybe you have the luck of a wired connection everywhere in your country,
but I'm afraid you lack the intelligence to understand that the world out
there can be a little different from where you live.

> Psst! Install Jaunty. You know, I have not even upgraded to Karmic
> for fear of getting a broken system.
Psst! Shut up please. I did upgrade to the broken karmic and my crappy
chinese dongle continued to work smmothly... my notebook got broken on jan
2010 when karmic was already installed and happily running since 3 months
before...

> Sorry, I don't have much to contribute
Yeah, I had that clear enough from your 1st sentence.

> but you can post your problems
> all you like, it won't get fixed or even looked at unless you file a bug
> report.
I'm not assuming this is a bug. Before I submit a bug report I usually ask
others for possible solutions/workarounds and to check if it's my fault or
not.

> At least that is the impression I get with all the 'file a
> report if you have a problem' posts I see...
I've filed several bug reports. Some weren't bugs, some were bugs from my
point of view but were the intended from developers' p.o.v., some others got
fixed. No report went through without even being looked at.

I hope your trolling is the consequence of a random bad day.