Firefox not remembering options.

Michael Satterwhite michael at weblore.com
Thu May 27 03:34:26 UTC 2010

On 05/26/2010 08:08 PM, Madhurya Kakati wrote:
> Try removing the ~/.mozilla dir. Then start firefox again and check if
> your settings get saved. Warning: removing that dir will remove your
> addons and cache.

*And* anything else you have there; for example SeaMonkey mail/news etc.

It's never a good idea to "remove" ~/.mozilla, instead either create a
new profile:

$ firefox -P

and test. Or "rename" ~/.mozilla to ~/.mozilla-old or such so that you
can fall back to the original if that isn't the problem.

Which I've already done once. That solved the problem with Flash. That was
when this problem turned up.