Downloading Flash in Firefox

Michael Satterwhite michael at weblore.com
Sun May 23 21:12:17 UTC 2010

On Sunday, May 23, 2010 03:56:14 pm Colin Law wrote:

> > Package adobe-flashplugin is not available, but is referred to by another
> > package.
> > This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
> > is only available from another source
>
> Have you enabled the 'partner' source in System, Administration,
> Software Sources?

I hadn't (and feel like an idiot - ah, well). I have now, and the install
command worked. This did change the symptom. It no longer simply shows a blank
area where the flash would be. Now it adds the error:

"You need to upgrade your Adobe Flash Player to watch this video.
Download it from Adobe."

This is essentially where I came in. When I first tried to run Flash after
upgrading to the new version, this is the message I got. After I did the
download and install, it became the blank flash area.

If you think it will help, I'll be happy to rerun the download and install.