ubuntu-bug

Chris Jeffries chris at candm.org.uk
Thu May 20 00:45:14 UTC 2010

Is anyone else have trouble with ubuntu-bug. In case they are like mine,
here are some observations that might help

Every time I want to report a bug it insists on a package name

bug 1 - fsck problem in the start up routine - it does not know about
fsck - I eventually found by rooting around that you have to specify the
package "plymouth". Hmmm that's intuitive.

bug 2 - problem with update manager. it rejects update-manager as not a
proper package even though following the advice to use dpkg -S <path to
program> should reveal a valid package name. I did that it revealed
"update-manager", which is exactly what I had used.

bug 3 - I wanted to report these usability issues with ubuntu-bug, so
intuitively, I tried "ubuntu-bug ubuntu-bug".
Nope, its "ubunutu-bug apport"

Chris