ubuntu-bug

Karl Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Thu May 20 11:58:27 UTC 2010

On 05/19/2010 06:45 PM, Chris Jeffries wrote:
> Is anyone else have trouble with ubuntu-bug. In case they are like mine,
> here are some observations that might help
>
> Every time I want to report a bug it insists on a package name
>
> bug 1 - fsck problem in the start up routine - it does not know about
> fsck - I eventually found by rooting around that you have to specify the
> package "plymouth". Hmmm that's intuitive.
>
> bug 2 - problem with update manager. it rejects update-manager as not a
> proper package even though following the advice to use dpkg -S<path to
> program>  should reveal a valid package name. I did that it revealed
> "update-manager", which is exactly what I had used.
>
> bug 3 - I wanted to report these usability issues with ubuntu-bug, so
> intuitively, I tried "ubuntu-bug ubuntu-bug".
> Nope, its "ubunutu-bug apport"
>
> Chris

     The main bug is the Package name. And it makes you mad when you you
guess the package name wrong and then when you see the bug the computer
or someone else has replaced your guess with the proper name. Why should
mortals have to even try to guess the Package name :-(

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User