Display only one kernel entry in grub-pc (lucid)

Nicolas Michel nicolas.michel at lemail.be
Wed May 19 08:47:03 UTC 2010

Hello,

For a end-user, I want to setup grub-pc on Ubuntu Lucid to display only
one kernel entry. So if an update install a new kernel version it will
be transparent for him.
With grub-legacy there was the "howmany" option.
With grub-pc I found a french article (on ubuntu.fr) which talk about
modifying the variable NBLISTMAX in the grub script 10_linux. But that
tip was probably written for Karmic because the same script in Lucid
don't seem to use that variable anymore.

-> I found nothing in english about this need.

Someone know how to do it?

Thank you,
nm

ps : I want for that user to have only the choice between Linux and
Windows. (I successfully found how to disable memtest et recovery entries)