Ultimate Edition v2.6 of Lucid 10.04

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Thu May 13 05:32:03 UTC 2010

On 13/05/10 08:08, Graham Todd wrote:
> On Wed, 12 May 2010 15:13:15 +1000
> Basil Chupin<blchupin at iinet.net.au>  uttered these words:
>

>> What a BRILLIANT adaptation/transformation of Ubuntu Lucid (10.04)!
>>
>> This is how I always imagined Linux to look when done professionally
>> (with no offence to current developers). The desktop of gold and
>> melted chocolate, with a gold rotating arrow head for the cursor, is
>> stunning (and you can change the wallpaper if you want).
>>
>> Many thanks, Graham Todd, for mentioning this in one of your messages
>> (in a totally unrelated thread :-) ).
>>
> [snipped]
>
> I understand that there is just *one* person who is principally behind
> this release with getting assistance from only a couple of others: he
> goes by the epithet of THEEMAN.

I see many names when I look at the ABOUT in the Help menu, but TheeMahn
is on top and is the one who started it all.

> As the wallpaper was a bit too garish for my taste, I changed it to
> something from the alt.binary.pictures.wallpapers usenet newsgroup.  I
> found out about the problem with the nvidia driver - and saw it affect
> the cursors - but that was easy to fix.

(Don't you just love those people who tell you that they know the answer
to a problem but don't tell you what that is nor where to find that
answer? :-) )

<Clears throat...> Graham, could you tell me how to fix that cursor
problem or where I may find the answer? O:-)

>    As others have said, no distro
> is totally bug free and by letting the developers know what we've found
> with UE, we'll make it better.
>
> There is another OS out there that I've mentioned before, that tries
> to make the Ubuntu experience fuller: Super OS.  However, it has only
> been available for 32bit versions of Karmic, although it was mentioned
> that the 64bit would be available for the Lucid-based release.  As I
> now use 64bit.....
>
> Thanks for thanking me, but none of the "improvements" in Lucid could
> have been made without Ubuntu first issuing it.

This is the first thing which came to mind: while the effort to get
Ubuntu together someone else had the time to get the screens, etc
looking good. All they - Ubuntu - now need to do is get together with
TheeMahn's group and "put it all together" (but see also the Wikipedia
entry for "Ultimate Edition".)

BC

--
ATTORNEY:  Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in his sleep, he
                    doesn't know about it until the next morning?