Ultimate Edition v2.6 of Lucid 10.04

Graham Todd grahamtodd2 at googlemail.com
Wed May 12 22:08:25 UTC 2010

On Wed, 12 May 2010 15:13:15 +1000
Basil Chupin <blchupin at iinet.net.au> uttered these words:

> What a BRILLIANT adaptation/transformation of Ubuntu Lucid (10.04)!
>
> This is how I always imagined Linux to look when done professionally
> (with no offence to current developers). The desktop of gold and
> melted chocolate, with a gold rotating arrow head for the cursor, is
> stunning (and you can change the wallpaper if you want).
>
> Many thanks, Graham Todd, for mentioning this in one of your messages
> (in a totally unrelated thread :-) ).
[snipped]

I understand that there is just *one* person who is principally behind
this release with getting assistance from only a couple of others: he
goes by the epithet of THEEMAN.

As the wallpaper was a bit too garish for my taste, I changed it to
something from the alt.binary.pictures.wallpapers usenet newsgroup.  I
found out about the problem with the nvidia driver - and saw it affect
the cursors - but that was easy to fix.  As others have said, no distro
is totally bug free and by letting the developers know what we've found
with UE, we'll make it better.

There is another OS out there that I've mentioned before, that tries
to make the Ubuntu experience fuller: Super OS.  However, it has only
been available for 32bit versions of Karmic, although it was mentioned
that the 64bit would be available for the Lucid-based release.  As I
now use 64bit.....

Thanks for thanking me, but none of the "improvements" in Lucid could
have been made without Ubuntu first issuing it.  All it needed was a
bit better preparation which would have taken some more time: it was
released too early.  Meantime we have UE.

--
Graham Todd