Lucid: Thunderbird crashes

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Wed May 5 06:30:47 UTC 2010

On 05/05/10 16:17, Thomas Kaiser wrote:
> I just updated to Lucid (10.04) last weekend. Now, Thunderbird crashes
> every day (usually in the night when I am sleeping).
>
> I run it from the terminal:
> thomas at AMD64:~$ thunderbird
> deliver mode: 0
> Segmentation fault
>
> Only "Segmentation fault" as an output, not a big help.
>
> Here the details about my version:
> thomas at AMD64:~$ uname -a
> Linux AMD64 2.6.32-21-generic #32-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 16 08:09:38 UTC
> 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux
> thomas at AMD64:~$ lsb_release -a
> No LSB modules are available.
> Distributor ID:	Ubuntu
> Release:	10.04
> Codename:	lucid

Someone else may have the answer for you (I don't run a 64-bit system)
but I can say this which is that the kernel was upgraded some days ago,
and it doesn't appear that you have upgraded your system with the latest
upgrades.

BC

--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
                                                                     Galileo Galilei