Upgrade Script

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Tue May 4 14:38:53 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 6:32 AM, Stefano Negro <stblack at linux.it> wrote:
> I am writing here to understand with all you the upgrading script.
> I don't want to use wrong word and I hope to write as clear as I can my
> problem.
> We ( http://www.alid.it/ ) are installing ubuntu + edubuntu on several
> school in Italy using since now the LTS 8.04 with some configuration script
> to set shared folders, openoffice openclipart, etc....
> Should we follow the Official (
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LucidUpgrades)  upgrade suggestion to move
> to 10.04 or to reinstall completely all ?
> I know that a lot of people are giving their best in this great wizard
> project and I know that is not easy to do it.
> My question is considering that we are speaking about 60 PCs.

Since you have 60 boxes to upgrade (I assume that they are in less
than 60 locations), if you choose to upgrade them rather than rebuild
them, you should set up some form of local repository rather than
download 60 times the same files:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Debmirror
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Rsyncmirror
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/LocalNet