Netbook remix "desktop"

Robert Spanjaard spamtrap at arumes.com
Sat May 1 08:21:53 UTC 2010

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 19:17:36 +0300, Israel David wrote:

> Is it possible to install the netbook remix desktop (now called the
> netbook edition) just the desktop on my new Ubuntu 10.04 server edition?
> The desktop UI is fabulous.

Actually, I'd like to know how to do the opposite: remove the Netbook
desktop, and get a regular desktop. The Netbook desktop probably works
well with a touchscreen, or perhaps a mouse with a scrollwheel. But on my
Eee PC 1005P, I find that navigating the regular menu (by installing the
"Main Menu" applet in the panel) is much easier with a touchpad.

--
Regards, Robert                                      http://www.arumes.com