When will 10.4 will release?

Res res at ausics.net
Sat May 1 07:27:54 UTC 2010

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010, Alvin Thompson wrote:

> Also, mirrors generally have fat pipes. Assuming this were the official
> release, the other faster mirrors would have had the release within
> minutes of that mirror, because with prioritized network traffic on a
> fat pipe it would only take minutes to get it.

Most often, with some projects we mirror, a "date" is announced, say May
1,  the mirrors will have access to this maybe a week earlier, but, it can
be a requirement that the directory be access denied untill a global
release time which is scripted into cron  to allow access at or after that
time, but never before, I don't know about ubuntu mirror requirements
though, we dont mirror it.

> There almost certainly would be a torrent release first, because that's
> the fastest way to get it out there.
>
> In all, I think it's doubtful it's the release, but I could be wrong.

Given a few people have shown links to the fact the release is delayed,
more or less already answered that.

--
Res

"What does Windows have that Linux doesn't?" - One hell of a lot of bugs!