md5sum for ubunutu 10.04 Rc

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Sat May 1 03:44:16 UTC 2010

On 01/05/10 11:09, HermanAA wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-04-27 at 17:09 +1000, Basil Chupin wrote:
>
>> On 27/04/10 16:39, DEF wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Does any one know where I can get the md5sum for Ubuntu 10.04rc, to
>>> compare with the one for my downloaded
>>> iso?
>>>
>>> DEF
>>>
> I have an answer, but I am looking for a better answer:
>
> Question: How can I md5sum a .iso CD in the CD drive?
>   (I think a Ubuntu CD can check itself but I did not want to restart my
> system)

I don't understand...I must be misinterpreting something here...

On command line, as user, "md5sum /dev/sro" gave me the number for the
Ubuntu iso I have in the CD drive.

You are saying that you cannot do this for some reason?

BC

--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
                                                                     Galileo Galilei