problem with monitor display

Julien Villemure maverick_hunter17 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 25 05:28:34 UTC 2010

Hi, I'm having problems with my monitor display : the only way I can boot on ubuntu is on graphic safe mode, I use ubuntu desktop 9.10, my computer is a Dell dimension 4700 with a geforce 6 series.  My monitor shows  a message that says it can't display.  Since I haven't fixed this issue, I am still booting with a CD.  I also tried to install a driver via : System> Administration > Hardware Drivers.  Can someone help me out please?

thanks