Grub2 and multiple boot different ubuntu versions

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Thu Mar 25 01:47:36 UTC 2010

On 03/25/2010 08:39 AM, NoOp wrote:

> So, I'm thinking that Goh's method of putting grub it it's own partion
> is probably the only sensible way to go (no pun intended).
> Yo Goh... I vote that you&  Tom H write a multiboot grub2 app (gui
> preferred of course) or modify startupmanager to sort all of this out
> :-) Or modify/add to the https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2 page to
> point out these issues/techniques?

Yo, NoOb; thanks for the vote of confidence. I am not at the level of
competence to write a gui app. But I could write how to go about making
a 'first grub' partition. Last I wrote was some time back in the kubuntu
list and that was using grub-legacy. Using grub2 is far far easier to
set up and maintain too.

If it is okay, I like to start a new thread and cross-mail to the
kubuntu list; that's where I've learnt a lot, and a great bunch of
people too, humourous, fun, gives and takes a lot of good natured
ribbing. Okay, better stop now, else they'll send me a picture of a
silly cute bunny.

Regards - Goh Lip