Low volume for ekiga/twinkle phone , PERFECT for skype? difference is ALSA vrs PuseAudio? how to fix?

David Taveras d3taveras38d3 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 02:21:23 UTC 2010

Hello all.

I have tested ubuntu 9.10 with ekiga and twinkle on Intel motherboards
running the integrated audio card. Result is the volume sounds very
low for ekiga and twinkle even though the sound preferences is set to
max. Skype however works perfect. Also using USB headsets instead of
analogue works very well.

How can I then increase the volume for twinkle (i prefer it over
ekiga) ?  Is it ia good idea to set the default to PuseAudio? If so
how can I accomplish this on UBuntu... is there a better suggestion?

Thanks!

David