gmail in ubuntu

J dreadpiratejeff at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 20:49:20 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 16:36, Mark C. Miller <mr.mcmiller at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using gmail on ubuntu 9.10.  When I access mail, the screen is
> "enlarged", "magnified", or whatever you want to call it by a good 50%.
> This is the only program this happens with.  Firefox, which I use to
> access my account, is not effected.  I've checked accessories to see if
> somehow the adaptive technologies had been selected -- nope.

Do you mean "when I access gmail using Firefox" or do you mean "I have
an external application called gmail"??  Just curious, because I don't
know of any stand-alone gmail app (other than the mobile app)...

> Can you think of any reason within ubuntu that this problem would exist?
> Is there a magnification program I could have activated by accident?

Open gmail in firefox and hit the CTRL and + or - (you may need CTRL-ALT-+)

See if that fixes it for you.

In FF, ctrl and + or - zooms in and out, but only for a specific tab.
I don't know if FF saves that setting for a particular website or not,
though, so YMMV.  I do know it's tab specific, so you can load a site
in one tab and zoom in a few times while other tabs remain unchanged.

Cheers
Jeff