gmail in ubuntu

Mark C. Miller mr.mcmiller at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 20:36:40 UTC 2010

I apologize if this question is inappropriate.  I'm trying to work the
question through the google support groups too.  I just wanted to clear
out any other variables.

I am using gmail on ubuntu 9.10.  When I access mail, the screen is
"enlarged", "magnified", or whatever you want to call it by a good 50%.
This is the only program this happens with.  Firefox, which I use to
access my account, is not effected.  I've checked accessories to see if
somehow the adaptive technologies had been selected -- nope.

Can you think of any reason within ubuntu that this problem would exist?
Is there a magnification program I could have activated by accident?

tnx

mcm

Thanks for any info you can send my way.