About programming languaje for ubuntu(linux in general)

Justin Gruenberg justin.gruenberg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 03:54:02 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 7:52 PM, Amedee Van Gasse
<amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be> wrote:
> In that case I think that Java should be your weapon of choice. Works
> both on Windows as on Linux. I recommend Eclipse as an IDE.

If you're just learning, I'd suggest not using an IDE.  While they
offer a lot of help with auto completion and hinting at errors before
you compile, they also hide a lot of the setup that needs to be done
to get things working.  You end up having an extra layer of complexity
to get around when something doesn't work as you think it should.