4 button trackball via USB adaptor...

Dave Woyciesjes woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 18 20:18:30 UTC 2010

	When I have my trackball (Kensington Expert Mouse) connected via PS/2
connector, the upper-left button button 2, according to xev) works as
the middle button. Ubuntu 9.10...
	When I connect it via a PS/2-USB adaptor, (by TRENDNet), the top 2
buttons (2 & 9) act the same as the lower 2 (plain left & right
buttons). xev reports them as 1 & 3. I looks around, and found some info
about using different things to get it to work. Quickly my eyes glazed
over...
	Is it possible that the adaptor is "filtering: the other 2 buttons, and
changing thier presses to be just the same as 1 & 3? IOW, am I out of
luck, no chance of getting button 3 to act as the middle button through
the USB adaptor? Or do I have a chance?

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818